Wednesday, June 23, 2010

a year of crazy!

Hey it's a Ashely!
It's been forever since I've blogged and you probably don't remember me, but hey, that's ok :)
Anyway, I've had a crazy year and figured I'd update you incase you do remember me. If you remember after I graduated in December of 2008 from Penn State I went back home for the holidays and broke up with Natalie's dad because of many problems, it was for the better and the 3 of us couldn't be happier. Natalie is my younger daughter, she's going to be 2 this summer and Megan is my older daughter who will be 5 in September. I eventually returned to State College and had a long term substituting job until the end of the school year. In April I had to resign from my position because of health problems and move back home to New York. I was extremely sad about this. I started looking for jobs around my hometown doing anything in the school that I was qualified to do, I was willing to go work at McDonald's part time. I willing to do almost anything. I found a job in Binghamton and moved there in August and made some amazing friends. The last 11 months of life have probably been the best except for my 4 years of college. I couldn't ask for better people to meet. It was just my kids and I until I got a roommate in December who was going to be my student teacher in January. It was amazing. She's moving out at the end of the week and I'm moving out at the end of the month. I'm going to miss Callie (Cal) so much. We would stay up late talking about our problems or talking about just anything. We would go to dinner, go for ice cream, go for car rides, and go for walks together. She's like the sister I left back home. We were always together, except when she was with her boyfriend.

From the time I split with Natalie's dad until Valentine's day of this year, I remained single. It was just my kids and I. It was amazing and I couldn't have had it any other way. My boyfriend is amazing. We're only dating 4 months, but I'm moving down to Hershey to be with him because we're together every weekend and the drive is insane and it gets annoying. Also, we're expecting a child together on November 13th of this year. Before you ask, I was on the pill. But both of us couldn't be happier. I have a long term sub job down there for the first 6 weeks of the school year which will take me to the first week of October and then I think I'm going to just sub at the schools around him and then look for a job while I'm off with the baby. We definitely can't live on what he makes.. some people say we can, but we can't.

I think that is all.. wow. I'll hopefully try to post more, but I doubt that :) have a lovely summer. :D

0 Lovely notes: